1. MICHAEL DUNN LAW PLLC’S COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACYMDL is committed to protecting your privacy and that of your business and employees, while providing you with the opportunity to receive our services.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?We collect information or data from you in various ways, including specifically through your use of the Website:
– During the course of your use of the website (this will include any and all material your send or upload either to the Website or to any email addresses provided on the Website);
– By our use of “Cookies” (see section 4 below); and
– Information which you provide to us and when we request further information from you from time to time.
Some of this data comprises business information. Some of that data may inevitably comprise your personal information (including sensitive personal information, subject to applicable local law) (Personal Information). We are obliged by law to comply with certain obligations with regards to the Personal Information what we receive from you.
MDL endeavours to ensure that Personal Information is kept as current as possible and that irrelevant, excessive or out of date Personal Information is updated to deleted. However, some Personal Information may be retained for varying time periods in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for other legitimate business reasons.
3. OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may collect and use data collected from your (however collected), including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
(a) Administration of the Website;
(b) To process your requests and answer your inquiries;
(c) The continuation of our business and the provision of legal services;
(d) Provision of information regarding our firm, and on the services, seminars, publications, the firms’s marketing information, legal updates, and all other information and/or materials offered by our firm;
(e) Sending of newsletters, legal updates, and all other information and/or materials offered by our firm;
(f) Consolidation of information relating to our clients and vendors; and
(g) Matters incidental to the purpose of use set out above, where permitted by applicable local law.
You may use the Website without providing us with your personal information. However, some features on the Website allow or require you to provide us with Personal Information. All practicable steps will be taken to ensure that individuals are informed as to whether the supply/collection of the Personal Information (including sensitive Personal Information, subject to applicable local law) is obligatory or voluntary and where the supply of that Personal Information is obligatory for some specified purpose, the individual will be informed of the consequences of failure to supply that Personal Information.
Personal Information may be shared with other non-affiliated third parties (where such third party entity (and/or its successors and assigns) is performing certain services on behalf of MDL, pursuant to its direction, or as directed or consented by the individual) such as service providers that require the processing of Personal Information, as provided for by any contractual arrangement, and/or in connection with our business and operations (including where disclosure is necessary in order to facilitate the conduct of a specific matter including transactions/cases). In such circumstances, we will inform or notify you in advance of us disclosing your Personal Information to that third party, unless it is not possible to do so or would involve disproportionate effort and which might not be technically or commercially feasible in all the circumstances.
4. USE OF “COOKIES”We also collect data that may include your Personal Information by sending “cookies” to your browser, which will store them in your computer in order to facilitate your browsing.
A cookie is a small chunk of information sent by our web server to the web browser software that you are using to access the Website. A cookie enables our web server to collect information from your web browser software. A cookie primarily stores information concerning your visits and preferences as to your browsing on the Website, which in turn allows the server to make downloading of pages faster than on first viewing.
We also use cookie to identify users when they visit the Website, which enables us to build up a personalised profile of the users of the Website, and to tailor the content to individual users of the Website. In addition, cookies may also be used by us to establish statistics about the use of the Website by internet users by gathering and analysing data such as: most visited pages, time spent by users on each page, site performance, etc. By collecting and using such data, we hope to improve the quality of the Website. We may provide anonymous statistic about our users and related usages information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not enable any third party to identify individuals or individual businesses.
The data collected by us and/or through cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above. Cookies are automatically collected and if you do not wish to have this navigation data collected, we recommend that you do not use the Website. You can also set your browser to block the recording of cookies on your hard drive to minimize the amount of data that may be collected about your navigation on the Website. The procedure for blocking may vary for different software products. Please check your Internet browser software or with your software supplier if you wish to block cookies. However, for optimal use of the Website, we recommend that you do not block the recording of cookies on your computer.
5. PRIVACY OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONSPlease not that any electronic communication made between you and us, including via the Website, may not be secure and, unless you are already a client, may not be treated as privileged or confidential. While we welcome your inquires, please do not send us any electronic communication that contains any confidential or sensitive Personal Information or data.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE LOCAL JURISDICTIONThe Internet is a global environment and our headquarters are in the United States of America. In order to provide our services we may need to transfer Personal Information to locations outside the local jurisdiction in which you are viewing the Website and process Personal Information outside that jurisdiction for the purpose set out above. The location may change from time to time and we may establish locations in any number of countries or territories at any time, any one or more of which may act as controllers of and/or processors of such Personal Information.
Please be aware that the data protection and privacy laws in those jurisdictions may not provide for the same level of protection of your Personal Information as exists in your home country.